Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Blueberry Jammers

This past January I went to Portland, Oregan for a wedding.  As is the case anytime I travel, I decided to visit a few bakeries.  One of the bakeries that I visited was actually a bakery that I had been following on Facebook.  

It’s called Grand Central Bakery and they have several locations in Portland.  One of my favorite items was the “Jammer.”  I’m not sure if this is an invention of Grand Central Bakery or something that is indigenous to the area, but when something is this delicious, I’m just glad it exists!  

What’s a “Jammer” you ask?  It’s a buttermilk biscuit with jam baked inside!  It’s really a simple concept, but sooo delicious. 

“Where can I get a Jammer in Houston” you ask?  Well, recently I had the pleasure of visiting a new bakery in Tomball called Jane and John Dough Bakery.  They have absolutely delicious pastries that are Influenced by time-tested traditions of the East Coast and the imagination and ingenuity of the Pacific Northwest.”  And they have Jammers!

As part of our Blueberry Festival, we are also offering Blueberry Jammers!  If you don’t happen to be near Portland or Tomball, give ours a try!  You won’t be disappointed!

No comments: